Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Everyone Wants to be a Snowboarder?

I just came across one of the most amusing articles I've read in a long time. Don't ask me how, but while surfing the net I happened to land on an independent college newspaper known as The Peak. The article is titled Everyone Wants to be a Snowboarder and this college student begins to let the reader know how undeniably cool we (snowboarders) are. Instead of bringing her point home, she unknowingly proved to me something I've known all along. Snowboarding has just as many clueless enthusiasts as the next hobby, sport, counter-culture, or whatever you want to classify us as.

Everyone Wants to be a Snowboarder

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

industry insider i'd say!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Feist fanclub members"
haha

MacSpedale said...

"Remember when guys started wearing pink golf shirts? That was at least two years after snowboarders started to."

Thats is so true! Lance wore pink golf shirts like 3 years before anyone else!

Anonymous said...

fuckin eh, people should just start calling snowboarding: chillboarding.........because its just so darn chill you know.

Anonymous said...

the black flip line gets me laid all the time!!!! Blowing up my spot!

Anonymous said...

that was the most amazing article i've ever read. that girl definately knows what she's talking about. she's a total shred chick, probably shreds every day and does it just cause she enjoys it, not to be cool or anything lame like that.

Anonymous said...

LNP is a standard in the EMO guys!!! I'm not too sure if she actually knows what she talks about.

I like the article.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....

she definitely knew what she was talking about....emo. . . .haha what a joke.

Anonymous said...

oooh i see, i need 4 V necks to be cool, i was just wearing two.

Anonymous said...

she is trying way too hard I' say