Monday, June 30, 2008

Devendra Banhart and Gilberto Gil and the Hollywood Bowl

I went to see Devendra Banhart with Nima and his girlfriend Annette last night. He played with Gilberto Gil and The Album Leaf. We didn't even know the Album Leaf was opening until we got there. And we were pretty much ignorant to the headlining Gilberto's music.

I took this photo the night before in LA at a taco stand. I could be dying and I wouldn't use that thing.

Devendra only played 8 or so songs. It was a bit of a let down, but he was good while he lasted.


Here is 'Long Haired Child', I recorded it on my Elph.

Gilberto's charisma made me forget that Devendra had such a short set. He really got things going.

For Gilberto's last song he invited Devendra back on stage.

We walked by this combo earning some bucks on our way to the car. A lady tried to harass them for playing too loud (which they honestly weren't), but Nima set things straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you see that dick skirt devandra was wearing a week or two back?