Saturday, June 14, 2008

And Now

Last night was the 10th annual Transworld Skateboarding awards along with the premiere for the new Transworld video And Now. My elph is still being fixed so I was going to borrow Big Mountain Mike's camera, but of course he forgot to charge his. So unfortunately I have no photographs!

I pretty much went only for the video. Everything else was a bit of a junk show. Both the awards ceremony and after party. Not to say it wasn't entertaining, just a junk show. Guy Mariano made a sweep and Habitat didn't do so bad either. Here's who won:

BEST ROOKIE: Silas Baxter-Neal
BEST STREET:
Guy Mariano
BEST TEAM
: Habitat
BEST VIDEO
: Lakai, Fully Flared
BEST TWO VIDEO PARTS
: Stefan Janoski, Inhabitants & Nothing But The Truth
BEST TRANSITION
: Dan Drehobl
BEST VIDEO PART
: Guy Mariano, Lakai, Fully Flared
TWS READERS' CHOICE
: Guy Mariano
TWS LEGEND
: Tony Hawk

And now for And Now. I'm not going to say too much, because you just have to wait to see it. But this definitely lived up to the hype. The three standout parts for me were Richie Jackson, David Gravette, and Nick Trapasso. The whole movie had good music, especially Nick. Although I need to see it again, premieres are fun, but I always have to watch it in a home-like environment to get a real feel for the movie.

No comments: