Saturday, June 28, 2008

Emerica Wins the Anticipation Poll

I have an old spot book that I was making for a little while back when I shot skateboarding a bunch. I was with Leo Romero a lot back then and since Emerica won and he's one of Emerica's stars, I figured I'd throw a couple of these Polaroids up.

I wasn't carrying my Polaroid camera around to take artsy photos, it was a cheap camera that I used solely to log spots and write the address on the bottom, which I photoshopped out of a couple of these.

The school Bill and Ted made famous also has this triple set. That's Gareth Stehr mid ollie. This day was actually a pretty heavy day. Between the three dudes I was with, the triple set saw a switch ollie, backside 180, pop shuv-it, kickflip, and heelflip.

Warm up crooks.

This hubba was hot back then.

Most people when they have a trick they want on a rail this big will try to just bang it out and jet. Leo just skated it like it was a flat bar. 5050, boardslide, smith, feeble, 5050 nollie out, and backlip.

He did however end up a little cut up after the above rail. Backlip in 4 tries. And yes he liked that red hat.

No comments: