Sunday, July 27, 2008

Super Girl in Huntington Beach, CA

The US Open of Surfing is going on at Huntington Beach right now and alongside the US Open there is an all female snowboard contest, skate contest, and all kinds of other things. Huntington is kind of a weird place as it is, but you bring all this with it and it's super awkward and crowded.

Well Desiree did the snowboard contest today. Big Mountain Mike, Harrison, and I came along as well to intimidate the judges or back her up in a fight or whatever.

Desiree and Harrison, happy in hats.

Palm trees.

Creepy microphone.

Don't worry, she's ok.

This girl backside smithed that rail FT.

Harrison and Big Mountain.

Under all those tents are pretty much every stupid idea you've ever had.

Desiree 5-0. This was Desiree's first time snowboarding since breaking her collarbone in April. She did all your favorite tricks. I'd tell you what they were, but then I'd sound like a douche bag. And I want you to like me.

Here's one of the cool tricks though. Hardway 180 fakie 5050. I took it a little early, but it was FT. And in case you care to know who won, it was Laurie Currier from Wrightwood. She landed a lot of tricks. And an honorable mention is Raewyn Reid, who I believe got second, but she nearly made a hardway backside 180 fakie 5-0. Yeah crazy. She locked into it, but just didn't ride out. Almost though.

I think she is trying to look like a Super Sayan again.

No comments: