Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Joe Carlino on Today's Earthquake

As you may have heard already, there was an earthquake in Southern California today. I always like earthquakes, as long as no one gets hurt. You know, the day is considerably more interesting when an earthquake drops in. So I decided to see what Joe Carlino thought about it all.

Joe, did you feel that earthquake today?

Joe: Yea, it felt cute.

Were you editing? Did it ruin everything?

Joe: No, Corey and I were talking about the avalanche he was in, then the room started to shake. It was wild.

It felt really strong up here, how was it down there? Are you used to earthquakes yet?

Joe: Not that bad, nothing fell over. That was the biggest I have felt since I moved to California.

It would be. It opened my filing cabinets and knocked over some pictures and dvds. Did you hide in a doorway?

Joe: Nah, we just all looked at each other. I thought about. I was more worried about protecting the hard drives. Like in case the wall fell down.

I thought about it too, but instead I looked out my window. Do you think that These Days will be influenced by the quake, like maybe it will be more edgy now?

Joe: I hope, I think thats what snowboarding needs right now.

Yeah, maybe the earthquake will be foreshadowing of the new trends for next season.

Joe: Whats that? Construction helmets?

Maybe, or maybe people will start riding their fixed gears to the top of the slope instead of using the chairlift.

Joe: I heard the new Autumn Line movie is edgy, I want to see it.

Yeah it's out there. I heard that the Newsroom movie is done too. It's getting around that time. When is your movie done?

Joe: Probably never at this point.

1 comment:

robbiesell said...

I've got a track bike/fixed gear for sale if there's some snowboarder out there who wants to be edgy.