Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Catching up with Corey Konineic

I caught up with Corey Konineic (formerly of Neoproto/People) to see what he's been up to.
I can't wait to see the Transworld Movie "These Days"...  Corey is at Transworld helping edit the movie.

This is where Corey sleeps while editing the movie.

Corey hangin' out in his bedroom.


COREY, WHERE YOU AT?

Corey: right now I am in a dark room and my eyes are bleeding
haha just kidding hanging in Oceanside, CA at Transworld HQ editing the new movie "These Days"

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TO COME OUT... ARE YOU GOING CRAZY?

Corey: nah not too bad. I am actually way less stressed then normal

I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT

Corey: Joe Carlino has been coming up with some great stuff and Transworld is giving us a pretty layed back timeline, But I am going crazy too cause i want kids to be stoked... thats what we are doing it for man.

HOW IS WORKING ON THIS MOVIE COMPARED TO NEOPROTO/PEOPLE? YOU WERE WITH THEM FOREVER, THIS MUST BE DIFFERENT

Corey: yeah things are way different man for sure. I spent a long time with Pierre, Justin and Gabe and it was like a family. We definately made some good movies and we had a tight crew. But this year was way different.  All new filmer and riders so it made things interesting... Everyone on our crew rider wise was fairly new to filming a video part and it took a little time for them to get in a rythm, But as the year progressed the guys got into a good groove and everyone who rode in the movie surpased my expectations. They took in every bit of advice and got some great stuff on film.
Working with unknown kids has been so rewarding. We worked twice as hard as normal but looking back on it I personally feel so fulfilled from the experiences we had on the road. Everyone put they're whole heart into this, which meant the world to the filmers... and  Look out for some serious surprises this year. 
I just wish i could work with everyone again.

YEAH ONE OF ASHBURY'S PRO'S NICK DIRKS IS INTHE FILM, HOW'D HE DO?

Corey: Ok so when Joe Carlino asked me if I thought we should have Nick Dirks in the movie I was like Nick who? Then I was like sure if you think he can do it than ok.  To me he was a wild card cause I had never seen him snowboard before, to to say the least i was super skeptical. Well a year later its not Nick who? but Damn this kid can snowboard.  He seriously blew my mind everytime I snowboarded and filmed with him. He is not a video part snowboarder, he snowboards for the love of it. If we weren't filming he would still go snowboarding all day long and would always come back with a smile.  Oh yeah he's from the Northwest too so he has some pretty sweet style.  That was one of the biggest things about Nick to me, his style and his attitude for snowboarding.  Its not the money that makes him want to push himself he just loves it.  So i guess to sum things up he destroyed it, he can ride rails really good and he can jump really good and oh yeah he can actually do a method!  Watch out for Nick Jerks he's coming for your paychecks people.

YEAH I THINK PEOPLE ARE GONNA BE HYPED WHEN THEY SEE WHAT HE'S BEEN UP TO...  SO IS THE MOVIE ALMOST DONE?

Corey: uh yeah its gettin there, everyone's parts are layed out just need to tighten it up a bit.

WHEN'S THE DEADLINE?

Corey: Well Joe is leaving to Argentina on the 5th of August, so i guess two weeks.

THANKS COREY, AND WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PREMIER?

Corey: yeah thank you Ashbury, the premier is on September 4th at the Wave House in San Diego...
its gonna be huge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! I saw the teaser and i can't wait to see the film

Anonymous said...

Nick Kills it

Anonymous said...

he seems like a cool dude

Anonymous said...

who else is going to be in the video?

and why have I not heard of it before?

Anonymous said...

it's a lot of up and commers, jonas M. Nick Dirks, Louif, but also has Chad Ottersrom and some vets

Anonymous said...

nick pro this coming year?